Classroom design influences interaction and engagement. Engagement is promoted through active learning which in turn promotes retention of information. Classroom design can help develop life skills such as problem-solving, critical thinking, and communication amongst peers. By designing a classroom which promotes interaction amongst students and faculty, students become more engaged in the learning process.
General Purpose Classrooms that Support Active Learning
Most Interactive Learning Center (ILC) Classrooms have moveable tables and chairs so the classroom can be configured in a variety of ways. In addition, these classrooms are equipped with multiple white boards.
- ILC 204, 301, 304, 401, and 404 all have a 40 person capacity.
- ILC 202, 203, 302, 303, 402, 403 all have a 50 person capacity.
- ILC 213 has additional features such as 1 fixed and 4 movable white boards and 4 projectors for student teams.
- MB 124, 135, and 139 feature multiple white boards and pod chairs enable a variety of classroom configurations that support active learning.
- BGYM 220 features multiple white boards and pod chairs enable a variety of classroom configurations for active learning.
- EDUC 317 and 318 have moveable tables and chairs.
- ENGR 313 and 314 feature multiple white boards and movable table and chairs.
- HSRV 211 and 212 feature multiple white boards and movable table and chairs