The initiative will offer a Forum event for members of the Academic Leadership Council.
- Thursday, Aug 9, 8:30am – 2pm
- Held downtown at the Residence Inn Marriott : 400 S. Capitol Blvd, Boise, Idaho 83702.
RSVP using this form by June 1.
What will happen at the BUILD Forum for the Academic Leadership Council?
This Forum will focus on ways in which department chairs/heads, deans, and associate deans can adopt inclusive leadership practices to support greater student engagement and retention, and support the recruitment and retention of a diverse faculty. This workshop will be centered on how privilege is unconsciously centered in learning environments (i.e., classrooms –online and in-person, seminars, practicums, etc.), curriculum, policy and practice.
- Learn more about strategies to create more inclusive and equitable learning environments and experiences for students and members of the campus community;
- Gain skill with meaningful dialogue around issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- Explore ways to provide leadership in one’s department or unit to contribute to Boise State University’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
The BUILD Campus Forum for the Academic Leadership Council will be facilitated by Dr. Sharon J. Washington, a national expert in supporting educational institutions to build community capacity to address issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Campus leaders who participate are expected to be present for the full length of the Leadership event. The funding from Howard Hughes Medical Institute is aimed at supporting institutional change and members of the Academic Leadership Council will be important to this work as we move forward together.
Participants will expand their knowledge of issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion at Boise State and will have time to explore concrete ways they might provide leadership for a more inclusive community.
Invitees are requested to RSVP by June 1 by completing this form.
For those campus leaders participating in the BUILD Certificate program, Participation in the Forum “counts”. (equivalent of 2 learning opportunities).