The table below shows the planned timeline for the certificate.
|Courses||Fall Semester, Year 1||Spring Semester, Year 1||Fall Semester, Year 2||Spring Semester, Year 2|
|GCOLL 514||N/A||N/A||Required (Must follow GCOLL 511)||N/A|
|GCOLL 516||Can be taken before GCOLL 511.||Can be taken simultaneously with GCOLL 511.||Can be taken after GCOLL 511.||N/A|
|GCOLL 517||N/A||N/A||N/A||Required after all other certificate requirements are met.|
Notes regarding the timing of the certificate:
- GCOLL 511 is only offered in spring semesters, so it is important to take it in the first year when you are enrolled in the certificate.
- Teaching as part of GCOLL 512 and 513 is most easily done in the fall semester after you take GCOLL 511; however, it is also possible to do your teaching in the summer after GCOLL 511 or the following spring semester.
- Teaching as part of GCOLL 514 must happen in the fall semester following GCOLL 511.
- GCOLL 516 can be taken prior to GCOLL 511, at the same time as GCOLL 511, and after GCOLL 511; it can also be taken in parallel with GCOLL 514. GCOLL 516 needs to be taken twice for the pedagogy track.
- GCOLL 517 should be taken after all other certificate requirements are completed.