The Graduate Certificate in College Teaching is designed to enhance the teaching effectiveness of graduate teaching assistants and provide marketable skills for graduate students wishing to seek employment in higher education as instructors.
At the end of the certificate, successful students will be able to:
- Build a course with well-aligned learning outcomes, assessments, and activities
- Reflect upon and apply strategies for inclusive teaching and meeting diverse students’ needs
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively teach a course by implementing instructional strategies that are appropriate for their course learning outcomes and assessing student learning;
- Apply strategies for effective teaching reflection
- Engage in ongoing faculty development by attending and reflecting on teaching workshops