Would you like to launch a collaborative class project that extends beyond the classroom walls? Do you want your students to create interactive and media-rich presentations to share or display with others? Would you like your students to be actively engaged in lectures and anytime/anywhere learning?
Our Mobile Device Checkout Program can help. We can provide a set of mobile devices for a small to midsize class for up to two weeks. This unique program is easy to participate in and provides a versatile and low-stakes opportunity for faculty and students to explore mobile learning. In addition to providing you with devices, we offer helpful consultations with our instructional design team to discuss how you can use mobile strategies to achieve your course objectives.
If you’re interested in participating in the program, please keep the following in mind:
- All requests are dependent on availability, on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Mobile Device Checkout is available during fall and spring semesters and during summer session.
- Requests must be submitted at least 7 days before the desired checkout date.
- The maximum checkout duration is 2 weeks. (Extensions may be possible, depending on availability.)
- The maximum checkout quantity is 30 devices. (Exceptions may be possible, depending on availability.)
- Two types of devices are available for checkout: the iPad Air 2 and the iPod Touch (see details below).
- To request a checkout, complete and submit the Mobile Device Checkout Form.
Model: WiFi Only
Op System: Currently running iOS 8.4
Weight: .96 lbs (w/o case)
Height: 9.4 inches
Width: 6.6 inches
Charger Connection: Lightning
Case: STM Dux
Model: 4th Generation
Op System: Limited to iOS 6
Weight: 3.56 oz
Height: 4.40 inches
Width: 2.32 inches
Charger Connection: 30-pin
Are you ready to explore mobile learning with your students? Click the button below and submit the checkout form. You will be contacted by our office to confirm the request and details.
Not ready to check out a full set of iPads for your class? Are you interested in checking out a single mobile device to experiment and test with? Would you like to try devices on different platforms, such as Android or Windows? Try our Gadget Garage, designed specifically to help faculty explore emerging educational tools.