We are now accepting applications at this link for the Spring 2018 AFLC! Applications are due by January 12th, 5pm
The Adjunct Faculty Learning Community (AFLC) is designed to address pedagogical questions that Adjunct Faculty may have and to help them build a community of fellow educators. The AFLC will also provide opportunities for Adjunct Faculty to reflect on what they have learned about teaching.
The members of the Adjunct Faculty Learning Community will be expected to do the following:
- Attend four cohort meetings. These meetings will be held once a month in January, February, March, and April 2018. Specific dates and times will be announced later, based on the availability of cohort participants. These sessions will provide the opportunity for participants to share what they have learned through the activities of the AFLC. Participants should expect to attend these hands-on learning sessions (each approximately 1.25 hours) in the CTL (ILC 315) or online using Google Meet.
- Attend at least two CTL workshops during the Spring 2018 Semester (online or face-to-face). A schedule for Spring 2018 workshops can be found at https://ctl.boisestate.edu/workshop-and-event-calendar/.
- Have a Mid-semester Assessment (MAP) conducted for a course they teach. For more information on MAP’s: http://ctl.boisestate.edu/services/map/
- Submit a short reflection on a new teaching technique they tried during the AFLC (using Google Forms).
- Respond to a survey at the end of the AFLC to assess satisfaction with and perceived value of the experience.
Adjunct Faculty who complete the above expectations by May 11th, 2018 will receive a $200 stipend.
All Boise State adjunct faculty are eligible to apply.
Complete this application form
- Applications are due by January 12th, 2018, 5pm
Only a limited number of faculty can be selected to participate in the AFLC. Your application will be judged, in part, on the strength and thoroughness of your answers to the questions on the application form. However, our selection of participants will also be guided by our desire to assemble an AFLC with members from a variety of disciplines and colleges, as well as with a variety of years of teaching experience.