The Adjunct Faculty Learning Community (AFLC) is designed to address pedagogical questions that Adjunct Faculty may have and to help them build a community of fellow educators. The AFLC will also provide opportunities for Adjunct Faculty to reflect on what they have learned about teaching.
The members of the Adjunct Faculty Learning Community will be expected to do the following:
- Attend an introductory meeting at the beginning of the semester, to meet the members of the Learning Community and discuss goals for the program (time TBD, based on participants’ schedules).
- Attend at least three CTL workshops (either in person or online) during the Spring 2017 semester.
- Have a Mid-semester Assessment (MAP) conducted for a course they teach. For more information on MAPs: https://ctl.boisestate.edu/services/map/
- Write a summary of a concept learned during a workshop that is important for other teachers to know/incorporate into their classes. The summary should include at least one example of how that idea was applied in a teaching experience during the semester. The template for this summary is available here.
- Attend an end of the semester reflection meeting, to share insights/observations with fellow members of the AFLC (time TBD, based on participants’ schedules).
Adjunct Faculty who complete the above expectations for the AFLC by May 5th, 2017 will receive a $200 stipend.
All Adjunct Faculty members are eligible to apply for the AFLC (10 spots available).
Complete this application form
- Applications are due to the CTL (ILC 315, MS 1005 or email@example.com) by Tuesday, January 17th, 2017, 9am
Selections will be announced via email by January 18th, 2017.
Benefits of AFLC (as described by past participants)
- Learning how to implement new teaching strategies to benefit a variety of learning styles in any classroom.
- Creating a deeper awareness of teaching and communicating with students.
- Sharing ideas and concerns with other adjuncts.
- Getting feedback about teaching through the Mid-Term Assessment Process (MAP).
Questions can be directed to Teresa Focarile (TeresaFocarile@BoiseState.edu) at the Center for Teaching and Learning.