The CTL has partnered with Boise State’s English Language Support Programs to offer an extended experience to help faculty be prepared for and take advantage of our increasingly cross-cultural and multi-lingual classrooms.
The Fall 2018 Language Diversity and Teaching Faculty Learning Community (FLC) will be a group of up to 8 faculty members from across the disciplines who will meet biweekly (7-8 sessions) to explore topics related to teaching and working with multilingual students.
- Explore and discuss common texts.
- Share ideas about teaching with an interdisciplinary group of faculty.
- Learn new strategies for supporting students from diverse language and cultural backgrounds.
- Develop a sense of community.
- Earn $500 in professional expenses upon completion of the FLC projects.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, which will be held from 9:00-11:00 a.m.:
- Sept 4
- Sept 18
- Oct 2
- Oct 16
- Oct 30
- Nov 13
- Nov 27
- Dec 11
- Come prepared for meetings
- Discuss classroom challenges
- Discover student and faculty resources
- Design or redesign a syllabus, a classroom strategy, an assignment, or a method of assessment
- Complete an individual project related to your classroom teaching
- Complete and present a group project to inform wider university faculty
- Full time faculty
- Adjunct instructors
- Must be teaching at least one course in Fall 2018
To apply, please fill out this Google form: https://goo.gl/forms/0PHaO3bLDpyHr7dt1
For more information about joining this Language Diversity and Teaching Faculty Learning Community, contact Dr. Gail Shuck firstname.lastname@example.org