The physical teaching environment is an important factor in engaging students in learning. The Center for Teaching and Learning is pleased to provide faculty with the Classroom for Innovation & Research (ILC 313), a classroom space that supports instructors in using a variety of teaching strategies and technology tools. A dedicated team of Instructional Design Consultants, from the IDEA Shop, are available to support faculty in becoming familiar with and using the advanced features of the room.
Features of the classroom include the following:
- Multimedia Lectern/Creston Control Panel, similar to panels found in other ILC classrooms.
- iPads with preloaded educational apps and the ability to have apps of your choosing installed on them.
- Wireless Presentation technologies enable untethered presentation from anywhere in the room and allow students to share their displays.
- Huddle Boards, small dry-erase boards that enable student groups to display and record their work.
- Smart Board, a wall-mounted, interactive electronic whiteboard with a projector.
Learn more about these features and more by reviewing the classroom Resource Guide
360° Virtual Classroom Experience
Click the image below to view a unique 360° representation of the classroom. Select PLAY and use your mouse or touch screen to navigate around the room. Click on the interactive circles to view a short introductory video for each highlighted technology.
If you have been accepted to teach in ILC 313 for the upcoming semester and need to complete the orientation please see the Virtual Orientation page.
Call For Applications
Applications for the Spring 2018 term are now closed. Please check back next January for Fall 2018. Applications from department administrators/staff will not be accepted; faculty interested in using this room must complete the application. To apply, complete this application form.
Classroom Support: If classroom support is needed at any time during the semester please email email@example.com or phone Judith Todd at 208.426.4610