The physical teaching environment is an important factor in engaging students in learning. The Center for Teaching and Learning is pleased to provide a resource for faculty, “The Classroom for Research and Innovation“ (ILC 313), a classroom space that supports instructors in using a variety of strategies and tools.
A team of instructional design consultants have been organized around supporting faculty using the advanced features of the room. Features of the classroom include:
- multimedia similar to other ILC Classrooms
- a fleet of 20 iPad Air 2’s and the ability to install any app of your choosing, including Nearpod
- Solstice Wireless presenting technology that allows you to present from anywhere in the room AND allows students to collaborate and share their displays
- portable huddle boards that allow student groups to display and record work for others
- Smart Board Basics, a wall-mounted interactive electronic white board
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications for the fall 2017 term are now closed. Applications for spring 2018 will open in August. Applications from department administrators/staff will not be accepted; faculty interested in using this room must complete the application. To apply, complete this application form.