This Faculty Learning Community is designed for faculty who have taught a SL class (or are currently teaching one) and who want to deepen their knowledge, improve their practice, and strengthen their SL outcomes. Each of the six 90 minute sessions will include small group discussions which focus on applying the weekly topic to your class, sharing examples from your class, and exploring new strategies. Participants will receive $300 for attending all six sessions and submitting a revised SL syllabus.
The spring 2019 Faculty Learning Community will start mid-February and meet for six weekly sessions on Wednesdays from 3:00-4:30 PM in ILC 315. Apply at this link!
- Interdisciplinary community of faculty peers committed to using Service-Learning pedagogy in their teaching
- Effective integration of service with course assignments and discussions
- Enhanced SL reflection and assessment techniques
- New ideas and strategies for community partnerships and
- New ideas for research and publishing in SL
- Attend six sessions
- Before each seminar, read one article about the topic (readings will be provided)
- Communicate with your community partners (via phone or site visit)
- Deliverable: submit a revised syllabus, revised SL assignment description (detailed), or poster
Contact KaraBrascia@boisestate.edu 426-2380 if you have questions.