All CTL Travel Award funds for travel through FY2019 have been allocated. Please keep us in mind for travel after July 1, 2019. Because of high demand for travel funds, and our commitment to having this program serve as wide a population of faculty as possible, please adhere to the criteria and deadlines listed below.
There is great value in convening with others to explore and discuss teaching and learning issues unique to your discipline. Likewise, there is much to be gained by exploring teaching and learning with a multi-disciplinary group of instructors. CTL Travel Awards are available to help fund faculty and instructor travel to teaching related conferences or workshops.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- All full-time faculty are eligible to apply for funding. Part-time faculty who have taught at Boise State at least two semesters and who expect to continue to teach at Boise State are also eligible to apply.
- Funds disbursed through this application process are limited to a total of $1000. Applicants are encouraged to seek partial support from departmental or college sources.
- In order to support as broad a population of Boise State faculty as possible, an individual may only receive CTL Travel Award funds once every three years.
- Applications are approved and funds are dispensed based on consideration of the following criteria: Is the travel associated with an institutional project? Is the travel likely to have a departmental or institutional impact (beyond the faculty member)? Is the travel primarily about the improvement of teaching, and to what extent?
Application Process for FY 2019-20
- Applications for travel in FY 2019-20 can be submitted beginning in Feb 2019
- Review of applications for summer travel between July 1st and Aug 31st will begin April 1st, with award announcements by mid-April
- Review of applications for travel between Sept 1st and Jan 1st will begin Aug 1st, with award announcements by mid-August
- Review of applications for travel between Jan 1st and June 30th will begin Nov 1st, with award announcements by mid November
- After travel has been completed, travel award recipients are required to submit a Travel Award Report Form.